Every year Hollywood’s composers put out some of the most fantastic orchestral work in the modern world. However, games and television have tapped into that talent all over the world. Which has opened up new markets to a wider variety of orchestra
Now, we are truly living in a golden age of orchestra, but scores don’t always have to be huge orchestral numbers. Some of the best music of this year was just a piano and a computer. Here are my picks for the best original scores of 2022!
Check out the music in the links below.
12. Ramin Djawadi, House of the Dragon
11. Alexandre Desplat, Guillermo Del Toro’s Pinocchio
10. Hildur Guonadottir, Women Talking
9. Nico Muhly, Pachinko
8. Joris De Man, Horizon: Forbidden West
7. John Williams, The Fablemans
6. Olivier Deriviere, A Plague Tale: Requiem
5. Bear McCreary, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
4. Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, Empire of Light
3. Bear McCreary, God of War: Ragnarok
2. Justin Hurwitz, Babylon
1. Michael Giacchino, The Batman