The world needs access to education and well-educated teachers who can guide the learners accordingly. However, finding this type of teacher has proven to be hard. An excellent teacher needs to go the extra mile and use teaching alternatives that can aid him or her in getting the best from the students.
Most people think that movies are meant for leisure, and they are irrelevant in academic excellence. However, it is contrary, since movies are one of the best learning tools. Movies are visually presented or can be termed as content in motion. It is easier to recall and remember visual content as compared to non-visual one. Therefore, this aspect is significant as it makes movies the best-unnoticed learning tool that should be adopted and used for teaching in our learning institutions.
Why Watch Movies in Schools?
Watching movies does not only entail sitting back with a dish of popcorns, switching off the lights, and diving deep into the actors’ universe without even any primary concern of what lesson you will gain from the movie. This notion has pictured films as a dis-tractor to education, making most parents reluctant to allow their children to watch them. However, the default idea is that learning can change every situation via the eradication of illiteracy in society, and that is why most parents take their children to school as it as become a societal norm.
The purpose of educational movies is to make students and learners understand more by creating visual memory in their minds, which makes it easy for them to understand and comprehend what they learn. Based on a true story, Erin is a young teacher who succeeds in teaching her students using movies.
She uses the movie “Freedom Writers” to motivate her students to learn and be consistent in all areas. Erin used films as an inspiration to her students. Through movies, the students were inspired to learn, employ tolerance, self-motivation, and it urged them to work harder and pursue education to higher levels.
The movie enables a paper writer to learn due to the push and motivation it instills. Therefore it implies that films are of great impact on our study and general performance only if we push and advocate for it in the right way. Erin’s case does away with our perception that movies as a natural thing meant only to refresh and entertain us.
Essence of Movies in Schools
Movies play an important role in a school. Although most people think that films are meant for leisure, in education, the case is different. Most students have proved to be good at remembering what they see than the theories they only hear about. It makes tutors employ the use of movies in teaching and educating learners. Below are some of the reasons why they are important in schools:
• Using films in an education center is vital as they are meant to engage the brain and the visual memory, which aids in more natural remembrance of events and occurrences.
• Some movies that are created for foreign languages have subtitles so that anyone can easily follow up on the film. These movies are essential since they help the viewer in learning foreign words quickly and easily.
• Videos are crucial to education as they tend to allow the audience to memorize lots of information without any strain. It is important for students as it sharpens their listening and learning ability.
• Accessibility of movies is also vital in education as it makes knowledge dissemination quite easy. Gaining knowledge from the film is easy as one is only required to follow up on the occurrences.
• Another vital importance of movies is they are purposed to educate the viewer who, in this case, is a student. For instance, these films are created in the form of tutorials that teaches and shows the viewer how a particular thing is done and why it should be done using the selected methods. It educates the viewer. To learn more, have a look at the role movies play in an educational setting.
With all these in mind, it is now easier to note that movies are not only meant for leisure but also it is a boost to educational services. As seen above, videos are the means to quick knowledge dissemination, more accessible learning of foreign languages, and improved memorization. A student with all the abilities mentioned above is destined to nothing short of success in the study.
It is because this student can remember what has been taught for quite long as compared to other students. Schools should embrace teaching using movies or any other visual content as it will help students in learning and grasping content taught quickly. Therefore movies play an essential role in an educational setting.
- Watch Trailer For ‘Luca’ - February 25, 2021
- Win A Copy Of The Book ‘The Dark Heart Of Florence: A Lady Emily Mystery’ By Tasha Alexander - February 25, 2021
- Watch Teaser Trailer For ‘Army Of The Dead’ Available Friday, May 21 - February 25, 2021