CompTIA Security+: General Overview of One of the Most Popular Cyber security Certifications
CompTIA Security+ is a globally recognized certificate that is ideal for those candidates who want to break into existing cybersecurity. It is designed to assesstheirknowledge of the basic concepts of security and best practices. This credential represents a springboard to the intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. It allows the applicantsto demonstratenot only their knowledge in IT security but also their general IT skills. If you are a successful holder of the Security+ certification, you are able to perform the following tasks:
• Detect different types of compromise;
• Understand penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts;
• Deploy, configure, and install networking components during assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security;
• Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design;
• Install and configure identity, access services, and management controls;
• Summarize and implement risk management best practices and the business impact;
• Install and configure wireless security settings;
• Implement Public Key Infrastructure.
The CompTIA Security+ certificate focuses on best practices for risk management and risk reduction with more emphasis on one’s realistic and practical ability to detect and resolve security risks, attacks, and vulnerabilities. By getting this credential, you can get job positions, such as:
• Junior IT Auditor/ Penetration Tester;
• Security Engineer;
• Systems Administrator;
• Security Administrator;
• Network Administrator;
• Security Specialist
• Security Consultant.
To be an ideal candidate for the CompTIA Security+ certification, you should have the following:
• Expertise in IT administration with a focus mainly on security (at least 2 years of experience)
• CompTIA Network+
Moreover, you have to pass the prerequisite Exam-Labs CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 in order to earn this certificate with ease. So, let’s explore this test in more detail.
Domains and other details to know about CompTIA Security+ exam
The first thing you should know is that you will have to attempt about 90 questions within a period of 90 minutes. The students can expect a combination of performance-based and multiple-choice questions. The CompTIA SY0-501 exam is available in Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, and English. The applicants have to achieve the passing score of 750 out of 900 possible points.
To prepare for CompTIA SY0-501, it is important to master 6 domains that have a certain percentage. Its number indicates how many questions you can expect in the actual exam. The topics you need to master are as follows:
• Domain 1 – Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities (21%);
• Domain 2 – Technologies and Tools (22%);
• Domain 3 – Architecture and Design (15%);
• Domain 4 – Access Management and Identity (16%);
• Domain 5 – Risk Management (14%);
• Domain 6 – Cryptography and PKI (12%).
Prep methods you need to bear in mind forCompTIA Security+ exam
To pass CompTIASY0-501 with flying colours, you should preparefor it with great deliberation. Below you will find some tips that will help you study for this certification test.
• Make a good study plan
First and foremost, you need to develop a plan that will include all the study materials that you want to use, it will consider your free time and give you some breaks, and it should be manageable for you. Make a proper schedule and give yourself tasks to complete particular topics within a certain period of time and not later than this. Staying stick to your plan will help you complete your preparation in time.
• Get an official study guide
Study guides have all the essential details that arerequired for clearing any certification exam. They cover all the objectives and give you the full coverage of each topic area so that you will be able to gain all the required knowledge and skills. These tutorials are especially ideal for those individuals who like to read books and take notes.
• Watch YouTube videos
Opting for YouTube as a preparation resource is really helpful to any student. Watching videos is fun, so why not take advantage of it? The YouTube platform not only offers you detailed lectures regarding your exam, but also has the applicants who have already taken CompTIA Certbolt SY0-501 and want to share their experience with others.It will surely help you understand how to deal with all the stress that you may face during your preparation process.
• Join an online community
A simple Google search can help you a lot. Join the forum that is related to CompTIA SY0-501 where you will find many people who will be taking this exam. In this way, your knowledge can be enhanced in a much better way, and you will get some study partners to keep you motivated.
• Take practicetests
Mocktestsare the perfect conclusion of the whole preparation process if want to know the pattern of the real exam and practice your time management. By using this tool, you will not only improve your test-taking skills but also discover your weak areas where you need to work the most.
If you want to advance your career in cybersecurity, then there is nothing better than opting for the CompTIA Security+ certification. By earning this credential, you’ll get a lot of benefits.However, these advantages are associated with certain costs, and only those candidates who have the determination and make a proper strategy will be able to obtain it. Therefore, be sure to add the tips discussed above in your study plan, and you will certainly reach the heights of success.
- Watch Trailer For ‘The Tax Collector’ Out Friday, August 7 - July 1, 2020
- Watch Trailer For ‘Fatal Affair’ On Netflix Thursday, July 16 - July 1, 2020
- Watch Preview Of ‘Extreme Unboxing’ On A&E Tuesday, August 4th - July 1, 2020