Season three of HISTORY’s hit scripted drama series VIKINGS returns on Thursday, February 19 at 10 p.m. ET. The new 10-episode season begins with Ragnar (Travis Fimmel) as King and follows the great responsibility that now rests on the shoulders of the former farmer.
With the promise of new land from the English, Ragnar leads his people to an uncertain fate on the shores of Wessex. King Ecbert (Linus Roache) has made many promises and it remains to be seen if he will keep them. But ever the restless wanderer, Ragnar is searching for something more … and he finds it in the mythical city of Paris. Rumored to be impenetrable to outside forces, Ragnar and his band of Norsemen must come together to break down its walls and cement the Vikings legend in history.
The gripping family saga of Ragnar, Rollo (Clive Standen), Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick) and Bjorn (Alexander Ludwig) continues as alliances and loyal friendships are questioned, faith is catechized and relationships are strained. VIKINGS tells the extraordinary tales of the lives and epic adventures of these warriors and portrays life in the Dark Ages, a world ruled by raiders and explorers, through the eyes of Viking society.
New characters introduced this season include:
· Kalf (Ben Robson) – Lagertha’s young, handsome second in command. She is fond of him and trusts him to look after her affairs while she is away, but it is possible that Kalf is more ambitious and calculating than he appears.
· Harbard (Kevin Durand) – A wanderer who turns up unexpectedly in Kattagat when Ragnar and most of the men of the town are away raiding. Harbard will have a profound effect on Queen Aslaug, Siggy and Helga, all of whom have had the same dream, presaging his arrival.
· Emperor Charles of France (Lothaire Bluteau) – A complex, troubled and powerful man who views battling the Vikings as spiritual and earthly.
· Princess Gisla (Morgane Polanski) – The daughter of Emperor Charles and a beautiful, young woman of considerable courage and resolution.
Travis Fimmel continues to lead the stellar cast as the curious warrior Ragnar, along with Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha, an Earl and fierce shield maiden; Clive Standen as Rollo, Ragnar’s impulsive brother; Alexander Ludwig as Bjorn, the intelligent and bold warrior son of Ragnar; George Blagden as Athelstan, a former monk befriended by Ragnar; Jessalyn Gilsig as Siggy, beautiful wife of the late Earl Haraldson; Linus Roache as Ecbert, King of Wessex, a man of strength, knowledge and undisguised ambition; Gustaf Skarsgard as Floki, a genius ship builder and loyal yet sometimes dangerous friend of Ragnar’s; and Alyssa Sutherland as Queen Aslaug, Ragnar’s wife.
- Watch Trailer For ‘The Snow Girl’ On Netflix Friday, January 27th - November 29, 2022
- Watch Teaser Trailer For ‘That ’90s Show’ Coming To Netflix Thursday, Jan. 19th - November 29, 2022
- Watch Trailer For ‘When You Finish Saving The World’ In Theaters Friday, January 20th - November 29, 2022