Pop, the network that celebrates the fun of being a fan, announced today its original programming and development slate for the 2015-2016 upfront season, including more than 300 hours of original programming that will premiere this year. The network’s schedule includes eleven new and returning original series and specials, as well as new projects in development with top industry producers, including Gail Berman and Nigel Lythgoe, John Legend’s Get Lifted Film Co., Morgan Spurlock’s Warrior Poets, Left/Right Productions, and Lionsgate.
“We are heading into the upfront season with a fresh, uniquely positioned media brand covering the landscape of what’s popping in culture and an original programming slate driven by enthusiastic content and award-winning talent,” said Brad Schwartz, President of Pop. “Backed by the support of CBS and Lionsgate, full-screen distribution in over 80 million homes, and the momentum of seven consecutive quarters of year-over-year ratings growth, we are poised to capture and engage our passionate ‘Modern Grownup’ audience who are seeking a channel that celebrates fandom as much as they do.”
Pop’s programming slate includes the following:
Spring/Summer Series – In Order of Premiere
· THE 42ND ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY® AWARDS: the exclusive live awards ceremony hosted by Tyra Banks recognizing outstanding achievement in all fields of daytime television production. The show will be produced by Michael Levitt of Michael Levitt Productions with Gary Tellalian and Mike Rothman also serving as executive producers. Premiere: Sunday, April 26, at 8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT
· QUEENS OF DRAMA: a reality series packed with girl power and fan-favorite soap stars Lindsay Hartley, Crystal Hunt, Vanessa Marcil, Chrystee Pharris and Hunter Tylo with special appearances by Donna Mills and Joan Collins. Produced by Think Factory Media. Series Premiere: Sunday, April 26, at 10:00 PM ET/7:00 PM PT-Moves to regularly scheduled time of Wednesdays at 8:00 PM ET/PT beginning April 29, 2015.
· UNUSUALLY THICKE, Mid-Season Premiere: a reality sitcom starring the real-life modern family—Alan Thicke, along with his sassy wife Tanya and know-it-all son Carter. Produced by Peacock Alley Productions. Mid-Season Premiere: Wednesday, April 29 at 8:30 PM ET/PT.
· SING IT ON: the real-life “Pitch Perfect” docu-series from the co-producers of “American Idol” CORE Media and John Legend’s Get Lifted Film Co. which features the nation’s top collegiate a cappella groups. Series Premiere: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 10:00 PM ET/PT- Moves to regularly scheduled time of Wednesdays at 9:00 PM ET/PT beginning May 20, 2015.
· BIG BROTHER AFTER DARK: a late-night companion to CBS’ “Big Brother” with a live look inside the house. Season Premiere: Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 12:00 AM ET/PT.
· DON’T BLINK: a series that takes viewers inside the world of underground street magicians as they perform incredible tricks before the general public and celebrity guests. Series Premiere: Summer 2015
· SCHITT’S CREEK, SEASON TWO: a scripted comedy series starring Emmy® Award-winners Eugene Levy, Catherine O’Hara and Chris Elliott, along with Daniel Levy and Annie Murphy. Thirteen new episodes are currently in production. Season one finale airs: Wednesday, May 6 at 10:00 PM ET/PT. Season Two Premiere: Early 2016.
· UNUSUALLY THICKE, SEASON TWO: Thirteen new episodes of the reality sitcom starring Alan Thicke and his family are now in production. Produced by Peacock Alley Productions. Season Two Premiere: Fall 2015.
· ET AT THE OSCARS® LIVE ON POP! and ET AT THE GRAMMYS® LIVE ON POP!: Live red carpet specials produced by the top-rated entertainment show, “Entertainment Tonight,” at the Academy Awards® and the Grammy® Awards. Premiere: First Quarter 2016.
· ROCK THIS BOAT, SEASON TWO: New band, new boat and the same die-hard fandom. Docu-series following fans as they board a cruise for a week-long party on the high seas with America’s favorite bands. Produced by Jarrett Creative Group with executive producers Donnie Wahlberg, Seth Jarrett and Julie Insogna Jarrett. Premiere: 2016.
· THE STORY BEHIND, SEASON TWO: a behind-the-scenes of TV’s greatest hits and most iconic shows, and how they got their start. Premiere: 2016.
All projects are working titles:
· JOHN LEGEND PROJECT: Grammy® and Academy Award ® winning singer-songwriter John Legend and his production company, Get Lifted Film Co, have signed a first-look development deal with Pop to develop projects that fit within the mission statements of both entities.
· DOUBT is a pop culture game show based on the simple query: TRUE or FALSE? Contestants’ pop culture knowledge gets put to the test when they have to quickly identify 20 facts as right or wrong. They spend the rest of the game doubting their snap decisions through several rounds of high stakes play. Executive produced by Nigel Lythgoe and Gail Berman and Eric Levy/The Jackal Group.
· CELEBRITY INC.: celebrities are paired with an aspiring inventor to create their dream product and showcase its launch through the power of celebrity endorsement. Mel B. will be the star of CELEBRITY INC.’S pilot, which will air as a one-hour special in 2015 on Pop. CELEBRITY INC. is executive produced by Robert Friedman of Bungalow Media + Entertainment, LLC and Colby Gaines of Back Roads Entertainment.
· LOSING IT (Previously Announced): a celebrity-hosted television series capturing sit-down interviews with stars as they recount their unforgettable and often hilarious real-life stories of losing their virginity. LOSING IT is produced by Warrior Poets and John Stamos Productions with executive producers Morgan Spurlock, John Stamos, Ethan Goldman and Jeremy Chilnick.
· ELVIS DURAN PROJECT (Previously Announced): a docu-series that follows Elvis and his employees both at work and play. ELVIS DURAN PROJECT is produced by Left/Right with executive producers Ken Druckerman, Banks Tarver, Elvis Duran, David Katz and Mitchell Stewart.
· JET TO THE SET (Previously Announced): a travelogue show mixing Hollywood lifestyle and adventure, as viewers are transported to TV and film locations across the country. JET TO THE SET is produced by Rogue Atlas Productions in association with Lionsgate Television, with Laurie Feltheimer, Carly Steel and Eli Frankel serving as Executive Producers.
- Book Review: ‘So This Is Christmas: A Novel’ By Jenny Holiday - September 24, 2022
- Watch Preview For ‘You: Season 4’ On Netflix Friday, March 10 - September 23, 2022
- San Franciso: Win Passes To ‘Amsterdam: The IMAX® Live Experience’ Tuesday With Live Q&A - September 23, 2022