Guest Judges Include Actresses JULIE BOWEN, ELISABETH MOSS and
SHAY MITCHELL, Olympian LINDSEY VONN, Entertainer DITA VON TEESE,
Designer CHRISTIAN SIRIANO, British Television Personality AMANDA DE CADENET and YouTube Sensation BETHANY MOTA, Among Others
The heat is on! Season 13 of Lifetime’s Emmy®-nominated Project Runway (#ProjectRunway) returns on Thursday, July 24, at 9pm ET/PT with an all new group of aspiring designers. Project Runway is creating a one of a kind, full-season experience with Instagram which kicked off with #RunwayRedemption. Offering one past designer the chance to come back to the workroom and compete in season 13 fans were able to vote on their favorite designer’s “InstaPortfolio” choosing from former season favorites Ken Laurence (Season 12) Alexander Pope (Season 12) and Amanda Valentine (Season 11). The victorious designer will be revealed in the premiere episode to compete against 18 Project Runway newbies. Each will have to make a lasting impression on judges Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia and Zac Posen, and mentor Tim Gunn in order to advance to the next level. But no decision is ever final as Tim will have one opportunity to “save” one designer from being eliminated.
Elimination may come sooner than expected for some! In the premiere episode, the designers are in disbelief when they discover there is one final audition before being granted a spot on the show. Before they get to even get to the first challenge, three designers will be sent packing. After that hurdle, the remaining 16 will get their first challenge, -they must create a look that would give the judges a glimpse of what their spring collection would like if they present at New York Fashion Week. The designers will be able to complete their looks with shoes and accessories from the ALDO accessories wall but with only a trunk of fabric to use, like it or not, they have to “make it work.”
Guest judges joining Project Runway this season include Emmy award winning Modern Family actress Julie Bowen, Golden Globe winner Elisabeth Moss from Mad Men, Shay Mitchell from hit series Pretty Little Liars, Olympic gold medalist downhill skier Lindsey Vonn, entertainer Dita Von Teese, fashion designer Christian Siriano, British television personality and renowned photographer Amanda de Cadenet, and YouTube celebrity Bethany Mota.
The Project Runway Season 13 designers are:
· Alexander Knox, 22 – Hometown: Chicago, IL; Resides in Chicago, IL
· Angela Sum, 32 – Hometown: Toronto, Canada; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
· Carrie Sleutskaya, 24 – Hometown: San Diego, CA; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
· Char Glover, 37 – Hometown: Detroit, MI; Resides in Detroit, MI
· Emily Payne, 40 – Hometown: Temple, TX; Resides in San Francisco, CA
· Emmanuel Tobias, 29 – Hometown: Dallas, TX; Resides in Dallas, TX
· fäde zu grau, 45 – Hometown: Coral Gables, FL; Resides in Coral Gables, FL
· Hernan Lander, 33 – Hometown: San Francisco De Macoris, Dominican Republic; Resides in New York, NY
· Jefferson Musanda, 25 – Hometown: Lynn, MA; Resides in Brooklyn, NY
· Kiniokahokula Zamora, 30 – Hometown: Kapolei, HI; Resides in Honolulu, HI
· Korina Emmerich, 28 – Hometown: Eugene, OR; Resides in Brooklyn, NY
· Kristine Guico, 26 – Hometown: Naperville, Illinois; Resides in Brooklyn, NY
· The Mitchell Perry, 25 – Hometown: Jacksonville, FL; Resides in Fort Lauderdale, FL
· Nzinga Knight, 33 – Hometown: Brooklyn, NY; Resides in Brooklyn, NY
· Samantha Plasencia, 27 – Hometown: San Antonio, TX; Resides in San Antonio, TX
· Sandhya Garg, 28 – Hometown: Birmingham, AL; Resides in Birmingham, AL
· Sean Kelly, 25- Hometown: Wellington, New Zealand; Resides in Brooklyn, NY
· Tim Navarro, 32 – Hometown: Rochester, MN; Resides in Minneapolis, MN
· Runway Redemption Contestant
The winner of Project Runway will receive $100,000 from Red Robin to launch their business and the opportunity to design a fashion accessory for all the Red Robin servers; a complete sewing and crafting studio from Brother International Corporation; a premiere entertainment center, courtesy of Samsung; a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine and a car from Lexus. Additionally, the winner receives from Mary Kay, an entire year’s worth of beauty products for their fashion shows and professional makeup artist services for their debut show and a shoe and accessory collection from ALDO to help enhance their upcoming runway shows. Best Western International will also provide the winner travel and hotel accommodations to fashion capitals and inspiring locations around the world. The winning model will also appear in the winner’s fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine.
ABOUT PROJECT RUNWAY
Hosted by supermodel and fashion maven Emmy Award winner Heidi Klum, the hit Emmy®-nominated series Project Runway provides budding designers with an opportunity to launch their careers in fashion, under the watchful eyes of mentor and co-host Emmy Award winner Tim Gunn and judges Nina Garcia and Zac Posen.
- Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Charleston SC, Greenville, Greensboro: Win Passes To Advance Screenings Of ‘The Blackening’ - June 5, 2023
- Watch Trailer For ‘The Out-Laws’ On Netflix Friday, July 7th - June 5, 2023
- Book Review: ‘The Survivor: An Eve Duncan And Riley Smith Novel’ By Iris Johansen - June 5, 2023