· Daniel Dae Kim has joined the cast of THE DIVERGENT SERIES: INSURGENT, the second installment of the blockbuster DIVERGENT action adventure franchise. He will portray “Jack Kang” in the film which is currently in production in Atlanta, GA.
· The film stars Golden Globe® nominated Shailene Woodley, Theo James, and Academy Award® winner Kate Winslet. Academy Award® winner Octavia Spencer also joins returning cast members Jai Courtney, Ray Stevenson, Zoë Kravitz, Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Maggie Q and Mekhi Phifer.
· Based on author Veronica Roth’s New York Times best seller, the film is being directed by Robert Schwentke from a screenplay by Brian Duffield and Akiva Goldsman. Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher are producing the film through their Red Wagon Entertainment banner along with Pouya Shahbazian. Todd Lieberman and David Hoberman are executive producing through their Mandeville Films banner along with Neil Burger and Barry Waldman.
· Lionsgate will release THE DIVERGENT SERIES: INSURGENT theatrically in North America through its Summit Entertainment label on Friday, March 20, 2015.
· THE DIVERGENT SERIES: INSURGENT raises the stakes for Tris as she searches for allies and answers in the dystopian ruins of a futuristic Chicago. Tris (Woodley) and Four (James) are now fugitives on the run, hunted by Jeanine (Winslet), the leader of the power-hungry Erudite elite. Racing against time, they must find out what Tris’s family sacrificed their lives to protect, and why the Erudite leaders will do anything to stop them. Haunted by her past choices but desperate to protect the ones she loves, Tris, with Four at her side, faces one impossible challenge after another as they unlock the truth about the past and ultimately the future of their world.
· Kim recently completed shooting his fourth season starring as ‘Chin Ho Kelly’ in the hit CBS series Hawaii Five-0. He is also well-known for his six seasons starring in the hit ABC series Lost, and his numerous other credits the feature films CRASH, SPIDER-MAN 2 and THE HULK, and starring in the Scott Free mini-series The Andromeda Strain. Kim, who also leads as a producer of his production company, 3AD, currently in a first-look TV development deal with CBS Studios, is represented by APA, Anonymous Content and attorney Keith A. Klevan.
· Erik Feig, Co-President of Lionsgate Motion Picture Group, and Gillian Bohrer, Lionsgate’s EVP of Production & Development, are overseeing the project for the studio.
· “Divergent” was written by first time author Veronica Roth and has topped The New York Times Best Seller list since being published in April 2011 by Katherine Tegen Books/HarperCollins Publishers. Book sales of the “Divergent” trilogy have surged to nearly 22 million copies worldwide, up from 17 million at the time of DIVERGENT’s March 21 release.
· DIVERGENT has already grossed more than $267 million at the worldwide box office, making the film Lionsgate’s highest-grossing domestic box office release outside THE HUNGER GAMES and TWILIGHT franchises. The third and fourth installments in the series, THE DIVERGENT SERIES: ALLEGIANT, PARTS 1 & 2, are slated for release on March 18, 2016 and March 24, 2017, respectively.
*Photo courtesy of APA
- Watch Preview For ‘The Wonderful: Stories From The Space Station’ - October 30, 2020
- TV Review: ‘Truth Seekers’ On Amazon - October 30, 2020
- Movie Review: ‘Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story’ - October 30, 2020