The Tennessee Wraith Chasers (TWC) ghost hunting team is getting their spooky on in an all-new series as they travel across the country investigating America’s most haunted towns. From infamous hotbeds like Gettysburg and Salem to small towns with turbulent pasts that fueled generations of ghost stories, HAUNTED TOWNS explores places that played key roles in the darker chapters of American history, where battle, disaster, and injustice have condemned unsettled spirits to every street corner. Follow TWC – consisting of Chris, Doogie, Porter, and Brannon – as they interview witnesses, investigate hotspots using the latest ghost-hunting technology, and follow new leads until they can pinpoint who is haunting the town and why. But the team isn’t just about collecting evidence. Their m.o. is to find truth – if any – in the legends that have shaped each town’s paranormal notoriety. The eight-episode first season of HAUNTED TOWNS premieres Tuesday, August 15 at 10/9c on Destination America.
“HAUNTED TOWNS is about so much more than ghost stories. It’s about places of deep historical significance, where stories of hauntings are passed down over generations. Is it simply folklore, or is it true? We want to find out what is really going on in these towns,” said Jane Latman, general manager of Destination America. “With extensive experience investigating both legendary asylums and – in their pre-TV days – private homes, no team is more prepared for the challenge of confirming the ghostly lore of an entire town than our beloved Tennessee Wraith Chasers.”
In the series premiere on Tuesday, August 15 at 10/9c, TWC heads to Gettysburg, Pa., where more than 51,000 soldiers lost their lives during the Civil War’s most epic battle. The town is a hot spot for paranormal activity and the perfect testing ground for an experiment using trigger objects that may have had personal meaning to the spirits and could activate paranormal activity. While attempting to contact ghosts from both sides of the Civil War conflict, the boys investigate a militaria shop filled with war memorabilia as well as a local farm that served as a temporary field hospital for wounded Confederate soldiers. During their attempt to connect with the restless souls of dead soldiers, TWC encounters evidence that something darker may be lurking in the legendary haunted town.
Other episodes this season investigate:
· Salem, Mass., one of the most legendary haunted towns in America
· Savannah, Ga., where hauntings plague the businesses surrounding the former site of the city’s gallows
· Vicksburg, Miss., the site of major civil unrest during Reconstruction
· Bisbee, Ariz., the old mining town plagued by union strife
· Fall River, Mass., home of Lizzie Borden
· McDonough, Ga., where the Camp Creek train crash of 1900 left dozens of passengers dead
· Cape May, N.J., the epicenter of the Victorian Era’s Spiritualism movement
Latest posts by RedCarpetCrash (see all)
- Houston: Win Passes To An Advance Screening Of ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ - February 24, 2018
- San Antonio: Win Passes To An Advance Screening Of ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ - February 24, 2018
- Austin: Win Passes To An Advance Screening Of ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ - February 24, 2018