As a kid one of my favorite shows growing up was The Carol Burnett show. It ran from 1967 to 1978. When Carol would come out for the opening and answer questions from the audience, I just thought that was great. I always looked forward to when she did the Tarzan yell for someone. Of course the first few years had Lyle Waggoner and then he was gone and was replaced by Tim Conway (which actually made the show better).
There was such classic scenes like As The Stomach Turns, Broad (a take off on Maude), Mrs. Higgins, Mama and Eunice, Nora Desmond, Carol and Sis and so many more. The guest stars every week were A listers, who only added to the show. Musical numbers and my favorite thing about the show were the scenes where the actors had a hard time not laughing.
Now you can relive lost episodes from the first five seasons that have never been released before. Picked by Carol herself, 22 discs with 45 episodes! And great bonus features (see below). This classic set is available from Time Life and in stores on Tuesday, August 30th.
* Seven featurettes, including: “On the Spot: Carol’s Q&A,” “Fabulous Firsts,” “The Making of a Mackie,” “The Golden Age of the Variety Show,” “Messages to Carol” “Expecting the Unexpected” and “The Song and Dance”
* 20+ exclusive new interviews with stars of yesteryear and today, with Alan Alda, Julie Andrews, Tony Bennett, Pat Boone, Steve Carell, Vikki Carr, Carol Channing, Kristin Chenoweth, Tina Fey, Bill Hader, Shirley Jones, Queen Latifah, Gloria Loring, Burt Reynolds, Don Rickles, Lesley Ann Warren and more!
* A backstage tour of CBS Studio 33 where the show was originally taped
* Never-Before-Seen Bloopers & Outtakes
* Rare TV specials: Once Upon a Mattress starring Carol, Ken Berry and Bernadette Peters and Carol +2 featuring Lucille Ball and Zero Mostel
Latest posts by RedCarpetCrash (see all)
- ‘Shark Week’ Returns Sunday, July 22 To Discovery For 30th Anniversary Week - May 23, 2018
- Watch ‘Hotel Artemis’ Green And Red Band Trailers - May 23, 2018
- Atlanta: Win Passes To An Advance Screening Of ‘Tag’ - May 23, 2018