The final season (number 8) was a hit and miss season. It deal with sirens and hell itself. Below I will list what I think were the positives and negatives of the final season (which is in stores Tuesday, June 13).
* The love story between Enzo (Michael Malarkey) and Bonnie (Kat Graham). Bonnie was able to find happiness (even if it was short lived) as both she and Enzo fought sirens and hell itself to be together.
* The return of characters that had been gone a while including Tyler (even if his fate was not what was expected).
* The return of Elena and Katherine (Nina Dobrev) in the final episode.
* The brotherly bond between Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damian (Ian Somerhalder)
* The use of Matt Donovan and his family history
* The deaths of too many popular characters. Yes it’s for story line reasons but there was no need to not give more characters happy endings.
* The siren story. Just went on too long.
* Although there was a letter from Klaus (The Originals) there should have been an appearance by him.
* The show veered away from the major characters too much for the final season of the show.
The show may have gone one season too many. As a fan from the beginning I will still miss the fact that it’s ended its run.
Latest posts by RedCarpetCrash (see all)
- Watch ‘Into The Badlands’ Previews Returns Sunday, April 22 - March 24, 2018
- Book Review: ‘Shoot First’ Is The Next Stone Barrington Thriller - March 24, 2018
- Movie Review: ‘Hichki’ - March 24, 2018