If you’re a fan of old time movie musicals like I am, this is a collection for you. It contains ‘Kiss Me Kate (in 3D),’ ‘Singin’ In The Rain,’ ‘The Band Wagon,’ and ‘Calamity Jane.’
Kiss Me Kate
The movie starred Howard Keel as Fred Graham and Kathryn Grayson as Lilli Vanessi, who are divorced and now playing roles in a musical version of The Taming Of The Shrew. They don’t get along and acting together in the play is causing issues. Will the play be able to keep going or will it be shut down? The movie also stars Ann Miller, James Whitmore and Tommy Rall.
* Cole Porter In Hollywood: Too Darn Hot Featurette
* Might Manhattan, New York’s Wonder City (Vintage Short)
* Barney’s Hungry Cousin (Vintage Cartoon)
* Theatrical Trailer
The Band Wagon
Fred Astaire stars as Tony Hunter who worries his career may be in trouble. When his friends Lester (Oscar Levant) and Lily (Nanette Fabray) write a new Broadway play, they have Tony in mind. Tony is cast with Gaby (Cyd Charisse). Dazzling musical numbers are the back drop to working with an egotistical director named Jeffrey (Jack Buchanan). Will love blossom between the stars of the show?
* Commentary with Liza Minnelli and Michael Feinstein
* Get Aboard! The Band Wagon
* The Men Who Made The Movies: Vincente Minnelli-1973 TV Special
* Jack Buchanan with the Glee Quartet-1929 Vitaphone Short
* The Three Little Pigs-1953 MGM Cartoon
* Original Mono Track
Doris Day as Calamity Jane, was praised for this role, as it was unlike anything else she has done. It was a big box-office hit. It’s a western musical set in the old west. It also stars Howard Keel as Wild Bill Hickok. Love hits people in different ways and times. This is an old fashioned love story set among the time of the old west.
* So You Love Your Dog-1953 WB short
* Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2 Century-1953 WB Cartoon
* Western Style Premiere
* Photoplay Magazine’s Film Awards
Singin’In The Rain
The classic among classic musicals with awesome dance numbers. This may be the standard all other musicals are based on. It stars Gene Kelly, Donald O’Connor and Debbie Reynolds. Three stars in the 20’s during the silent movies have to get ready for talking movies.
* Commentary by Debbie Reynolds, Donald O’Connor, Cyd Charisse, Kathleen Freeman, Stanley Donen, Betty Comdn, Adolph Green, Baz Luhrmann and Rudy Behlmer
* Singin’ In The Rain: Raining On A New Generation
* Singin’ In The Rain Jukebox
Available in stores on March 3.
Latest posts by RedCarpetCrash (see all)
- Watch Trailer For New Animated Series ‘Duncanville’ On Fox Sunday, December 16 - December 13, 2019
- Movie Review: ‘Jumanji: The Next Level’ - December 13, 2019
- Las Vegas: Win Passes To An Advance Screening Of ‘Just Mercy’ - December 13, 2019