The classic movie is re-released on a new Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Signature Collection, available in stores now. If you’ve never seen this movie now is the time grab the family and put it on.
Simba (Matthew Broderick) is the future king who is a curious little guy who defies his dad and searches beyond the boundaries. He has to be save by his dad the King Mufasa (James Earl Jones). His evil uncle Scar (Jeremy Irons) is jealous of Simba and the fact that he will never be king. Scar plots with the hyenas and has Mufasa killed and he thinks Simba has been killed as well. Simba takes off thinking he’s responsible for the death of this father. He meets some new friends Timon (Nathan Lane) and Pumbaa (Ernie Sabella) and stays with them and grows up.
Soon he runs into his childhood friend and future wife Nala (Moira Kelly). She convinces him to come back to the Pride Lands and claim his rightful place as King.
A delightful movie for the whole family. You’ll be signing along to the classic songs ‘Circle Of Life,’ ‘I Just Can’t Wait To Be King,’ and ‘Can You Feel The Love Tonight.’ And lets now forget the classic ‘Hakuna Matata!’
There’s also lots of great bonus features:
· Brand New Sing-Along Version
· Audio Commentary – View the film with commentary by producer Don Hahn and co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
· Visualizing a Villain – Against a backdrop of live dancers and the animated “Be Prepared” sequence, artist David Garibaldi paints a masterpiece of evil.
· The Recording Sessions – Watch rare footage of the actors recording their roles, matched with the final animation. Intro by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
· Nathan and Matthew: The Extended Lion King Conversation – Nathan Lane (Timon) and Matthew Broderick (Adult Simba) offer candid and hilarious insights into their Lion King experiences.
· Inside the Story Room – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff present archival footage of five original story pitches.
o Circle of Life – See how color creates emotion and meaning in the film’s iconic opening.
o Simba & Nala – See how elements proposed in story meetings evolve into what appears onscreen.
o Simba Takes Nala Out to Play – …And, sometimes what seems funny in story meetings never makes it into the film!
o Hakuna Matata – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff sing, act and dance their hearts out as they pitch the “Hakuna Matata” sequence.
o Rafiki and Reflecting Pool – Co-directors Roger Allers & Rob Minkoff pitch a sequence that became the emotional heart of The Lion King to Producer Don Hahn.
· Music & More – Sing along to your favorite songs from the movie!
o “Circle of Life”
o “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King”
o “Be Prepared”
o “Hakuna Matata”
o “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”
o Visual Development – Explore a gallery of striking artwork that inspired the movie’s look and feel.
o Character Design – Trace the development of the film’s unforgettable characters through early concept art drawings.
o Storyboards – Examine storyboards created in the development of “The Lion King.”
o Layouts – Feast your eyes on layouts created in the development of “The Lion King.”
o Backgrounds & Layouts – Journey through a gallery of landscape paintings that shaped the world of “The Lion King.”
· Classic Bonus Features (Digital Only) – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as bloopers, audio commentary, deleted and alternate scenes, and in-depth journeys into the music, film, story, animals and stage show.
Latest posts by RedCarpetCrash (see all)
- Watch Trailer For ‘The Last Black Man In San Francisco’ - March 21, 2019
- ‘Inside Mighty Machines’ Preview Sunday, April 28 On Smithsonian Channel - March 21, 2019
- How Would Your Wealth Compare to Movie Stars’ if you Won the Powerball Jackpot? - March 21, 2019